No one was injured as a result of a Clinton Township garage fire earlier this afternoon.
Chris Ballina is Chief of the Saxonburg VFC who arrived first on the scene. “There was a tractor in the garage. The door was closed. The homeowner heard something in the garage going on. She opened the door and the tractor was on fire. When she saw that, she called 911 obviously then she grabbed her garden hose and started putting water on it.”
The call came into the Butler County 911 Center shortly before 2 p.m. for the fire in the 300 block of Cherry Valley Road.
Although a crew from West Deer was also initially called, the fire was under control within 20 minutes and the other units were not needed. The cause of the fire is not suspicious.
“We’re figuring the battery shorted out on this tractor because it hasn’t been running for a few days and that’s about the only thing that would have caused it to catch,” Ballina explained.
Ballina estimates the total cost of damage to be about $8,000.