Students at Butler Area School District’s Connoquenessing Elementary School were evacuated for several hours Tuesday due to a gas odor.
The district says students and staff were taken to the Butler Intermediate High School about 10 a.m.
Peoples Natural Gas was notified. Crews determined the odor likely came from gas drilling operations in the area and it was safe for students to return to the school.
Students arrived back at Connoquenessing Elementary about 1:15 p.m.
Afternoon kindergarten was canceled for Connoquenessing students yesterday. The school is running on a normal schedule today.